This recipe is meant to be a copycat recipe of Panera’s Baked Potato Soup, but I added my healthy flair and made it dairy free and gluten free. It’s so creamy and satisfying!! Add any toppings you normally would to a baked potato.
5-6 cups diced potatoes
4 cups water or vegetable broth
1 large onion diced
1 can coconut milk or 14 oz plant milk unsweetened
4 tablespoons oil of choice I used avocado oil
1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
toppings of choice like chopped green onion, non dairy cheese shreds, cashew parm (see my vegan recipe), croutons.
- Set instant pot to saute
- add oil and onion cook until translucent about 4 minutes
- add broth or water, seasonings, and diced potatoes
- cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes and quick release when finished
- mash some of the potatoes and add the coconut or plant milk (make sure unsweetened and NOT vanilla flavored)
- Serve immediately with Chives, shredded cheese, etc.